Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sakshi Gulati


Sakshi Gulati

Talk about excess baggage and I get nightmares. On my trip back to Mumbai after shooting for Contract in Thailand, I actually had to shell out Rs 18,000 as fine for excess baggage! The thing about shopping is, you don’t realize how much you have bought if you buy it regularly in small stocks and that’s my story too. My mother had accompanied on the sets of Contract while shooting in Thailand. While she would get bored entire day waiting for me, it were only the evenings we had to spend together. So both of us would take off on an exploring spree and instinctively, would end up shopping. On an average, we would restrict ourselves to four-five products but by end of the one-month long schedule, we had bought enough stuff to almost start a boutique shop. The height happened when we got to Bangkok. The minute I came to know that we had won ourselves an off, I called up my mother and we literally shopped till we dropped. When we got back to the hotel room in the evening, we had three people helping us with the luggage. And if that wasn’t embarrassing enough, RGV caught us at the lobby and quizzed if were planning to set up an on-the-sets shop. It was one crazy experience I will cherish for long.

No comments: