Monday, January 26, 2009

Shilpa Couldn’t Shave Her Head Off

Shilpa Couldn’t Shave Her Head Off
(NSI News Source Info) January 26, 2009: Shilpa Shetty was quite excited about playing the most challenging role of her life which required her to go bald and learn odyssey, but the actress’s dreams were shattered when a cosmetic company she endorses refused her to go bald.Shilpa says, “I’d have loved to shave off my hair. But my other commitments put an end to my plans. The bald prosthetics were done by an amazing makeup artiste named Vidyadhar. It took him three hours to make me look bald. And after I finished shooting it took an hour to take off the bald makeup.”
Shilpa apparently shot all the bald scenes in a day, “Getting into the bald makeup again would’ve been impossible. But what we’ve shot is amazing. Being hairless makes you look so vulnerable and childlike. I felt I had gone back to my childhood,” says Shilpa who is shooting for Desire in Kolam.
Shilpa then adds, “Seeing myself in bald prosthetics liberated me. I wish I could’ve actually shaved of my hair. An Aamir Khan tonsures his head and it becomes a fashion statement. But we girls have to go by the market definitions of glamor.”
Alas! Shilpa couldn’t pull of a Ganjini act!!!

No comments: