Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shah Rukh and I aren't friends: Salman

Shah Rukh and I aren't friends: Salman
(NSI News Source Info) Saturday - August 23, 2008 Mumbai: NDTV's Sreenivasan Jain speaks to Salman Khan about what went wrong in his friendship with Shah Rukh Khan, his relationship with Katrina Kaif and everything you wanted to know.
NDTV: I know that you have spoken about this whole Shah Rukh Khan episode I tell what happens it's one of those thinks that you dismissed as media gossip and it started going public that kind of made it snow ball.
Salman Khan: You know what happens usually people ask this question usually the fear is this he shouldn't stop the interview here itself. I like this. I have spoken about this we are grown up people we are not warriors we come here to work but you grow up you are thinking he is good with his friends and family I am good with my friends and family there nothing more to it just there was a fight personal khatm ho gayi baat.
NDTV: What upset you so much that you want to talk about it?
NDTV: Because itna sources se aa raha tha ke iss source se ye aa raha hai uss source se wo aa raha hai (there was lot coming from some unconfirmed sources) the whole thing was coming on to me that he's done it again. Suddenly I was looking like I was misfit in society as it is I don't have like the most amazing reputation its varies from anger to bad boy to good hearted so it's a huge confusion. So this is something I wanted to clear and there is no point in pretending I don't feel the need to pretend his got his point of view he is right and whatever he feels so and I am right in my own way.
NDTV: The reports were coming that you started it.
Salman: Why would I start there was no reason for me to start.
NDTV: Some party
Salman: There was a problem some two years ago two-three years back quiet some time ago grown up people sort it out but now it's two different personalities.
NDTV: You are talking about the trouble on the sets.
Salman: Yes that time so there's no need for some one use to call you sir sir.
NDTV: He used to call you that.
Salman: Yes, when he used to struggle so there is no point in disrespect
NDTV: Salman I know you dont you said it is personnal but you want to clear the air that what happen?
Salman: Nothing it's done.
NDTV: It was about the shows that you are doing.
Salman: Na na I dont think it's that's going to make any difference I don't think he would stop that low. I don't think that would make a difference to him.
NDTV: Tomorrow you might have a problem with a journalist. It will not be blown out of proportion. Oh it's so sad. How did it happen, why did it happen? Just because two people are from the same fraternity and they are both doing well. so
NDTV: But you are not friends anymore.
Salman: yeah yeah
NDTV: Finished
Salman: Yeah
NDTV: Were you ever friends?
Salman: Yeah yeah I took him as a brother. For me he was like Sohail and Arbaaz. That's what hurt me.
NDTV: And this is right from ages back?
Salman: Since the time he used to be with Sangeeta, my sister, his wife.
NDTV: You used to stay together I'v heard, in days of his struggle.
NDTV: Yeah he used to hang out in the house all the time. That's why.
NDTV: Are you very sensitive with these kind of stuff. Do you take things very personally?Salman: Depends. I let a lot of things go for the longest time and at times something somewhere just hurts me and I back off. I don't like to pretend. And once it's over then I will not do anything about it. I will not wish ill. I just back off. You have no right to try to malign that person, trying to play with that person. Khatam khatam. aap apne raste. woh apne raste. Like my father's partnership broke up with Javed sahib not once has he, you know, they meet cordially, they meet politely.
NDTV: But it's never the same but if someone was to come and say they were sorry and that they feel sad that they have upset you, would you be willing to change your mind?
Salman: You know cracks in a wall can be fixed, cracks in relationships can't be fixed. I will be fine. Ok, cool, theek hain forgiveness is divine.
NDTV: But what if someone says like Vivek Oberoi came and said sorry to you but you didn't care about it.
Salman: You know doing this in press, in front of everybody that kind of stuff if you want to act, act on screen. Disrespect.. I can't act. By mistake I have messed up so many times but it's not a planned thing. Agar kuch ho gaya (If something happens) and then you realise in the morning and you are like I am sorry then it works then it's ok but if you plan something and do it then it's like.
NDTV: So, Salman you said that there are so many variations of what people think you are the bad boy, the good boy. There's a reputation of people seeing you in controversies. They see you going in and out of court for black bug and various charges. Did that bother you did that upset you.
Salman: You have done it you have to face the allegations. You have not done it then you in your mind you have not done it. Then you can't do anything about it. People think that I've done it but there's nothing I can change. So jaao bhaiyya jaao, so you know that you've done nothing wrong so go away with your head held up high, come out with you head held up high.
NDTV: You were saying that the whole thing was just you were wrongly framed in that Black Buck shooting case.
Salman: It was a misunderstanding, a total misunderstanding. We tried to clear it then it didn't happen, it didn't work out so in court you can't give an emotional speech, yeh yeh aisa ...so they go very technical.
NDTV: What do you think happened...do you think there was an attempt just because you were a famous person, you were a celebrity, there was an attempt to nail you.
Salman: See, whatever bad, whatever bad, lot of good comes out as well see today the Black Buck is no more an endangered species you know shikaar, shikaar was hardly one per cent but people used to hunt and kill animals but the actual problem is the deforestation, there's no water, there's no fruit bearing trees, there's nothing, there's no jungles left. And even according to the global warming there has to be 35 per cent jungles in every country, where's the jungle, there's no jungle. There are more trees in the cities than in the forests, where are the animals going to go, that's how they're going to die. But shikaar because of that aap salman khan ko andar daal sakte ho toh kisi ko bhi andar daal sakte ho (if you can put Salman in jail then anybody). So everyone it became such a high profile thing, which is good.
NDTV: It's extraordinary to see Salman Khan talk in the defence of the Black Buck because the public reputation is different because of what happened.
Salman: Yeah well, that's what they think.
NDTV: How was it doing jail time, was it tough on you?
Salman: I was mentally somewhere else, I was mentally seen in my home chilling out. I was sketching, I was working out, I was eating whatever they gave me to eat.
NDTV: Were people friendly, were the other convicts friendly?
Salman: Yeah, I was not allowed to meet anybody so...there was one person with me that's all.
NDTV: And Salman as far as you films are concerned, you've been having a pretty good run but I was just going back into your filmography and you've had some ups and downs in the past. Did you ever feel that you had any regrets about the bad patch?
Salman: See there was one bad patch that was there (V- Bad patch as in somewhere around '92-'93 and another bad patch around '00 - '02) yeah that was in my whole career I must have done 70 plus films out of them five or six have not done well, so if that is the bad patch then...what is the good patch.
NDTV: Do you feel that the majority of your films Ii am talking about films like Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge, Chal Mere Bhai, Kahin Pyaar Ho Na Jaye.
Salman: They were all commission earners, they were not super-duper hits, yeah they were all hits, yeah they were all B+ films, Nishchay, Suryavamshi, Jagruti all these films were Chandramukhi, Chand ka Tukda yeah this was the phase.
(NDTV: Tthis was the phase that was the bad one) and that was the phase when I wanted to buy myself a house, so at that point of time and
(NDTV: So you were just signing on whatever you ever getting) no but the thing is that all these people...you start of making a film and you think its good script but then somewhere it goes wrong and when a senior director is directing you can't say anything, so when you work .. yeh script change kiya, woh change kiya, it becomes a different film altogether, phir kya karein, you can't say sir I can't do this film, you promised me this...that's not in me. Then shot do wapas aa jao.
NDTV: But Salman do you think that it has dented the perception as an actor. People because of that films are not taking you seriously.
Salman: Because I don't scream I'm the best, I'm best, I'm the best. I don' t need to say that the Box office says that. Even without big producer and directors they do fairly well.
NDTV: I know you are a huge commercial star but there is a always thing that haunts you about you're acting ability, people say whenever it comes to great actors they name others but you don't bother.
Salman: I don't bother but I think Govinda is by far the best actor from anybody put anybody in front of him.
NDTV: Not Aamir Khan.
Salman: Anybody..anybody.. he's so brilliant that nobody can't stand in front of him.
NDTV: Really.
Salman: - He's outstanding.
NDTV: But you like that kind of acting spontaneous...charismatic
Salman: There's so much of problem that's going on in our country that they are stressed out. If you can go and have a blast and come back and by the way .comedy is the most difficult thing to do.
NDTV: What about someone like Aamir who prepares for his role.
Salman: He's very hard working that's where his sincerity, he really works and that's why he looks different in his film.
NDTV: But you..
Salman: I don't do that, it's different way of working.
NDTV: But you respect what he does.
Salman: Yes Yes.
NDTV: But you don't think it's required that it's not necessary for an actor.
Salman: Aamir feels that way that means he might have thought something naa. If I'll do that it'll look like a practice. Aamir does it so much that it looks effortless if I'll do it I will not be able to do it to that hardwork then they'll say arrey yaar ispe bahut effort dala hai once that effort is seen you are not good.
NDTV: So you don't believe in broadcasting from the roof top that you are No 1
Salman: When four people say that he has done good work then everybody recognises it. Oh everyone says kya kaam kia, superb, agar ye humko diya hota toh, toh hum bhi kar saktein hai but we don't wanna do that. Kya ookahd kya liya what have we achieved.
NDTV: For you who is no 1.Salman: Aamir, there's Akshay whose films are doing really well.
NDTV: Shah Rukh
Salman: Currently those who do 4-4 pictures...Akshay.
NDTV: He is much bigger.
Salman: Much bigger.
Salman: Because he is working.
NDTV: Salman are you a very spiritual person
Salman: Ya very spiritual
NDTV: There's difference between religion and spirituality.
Salman: Ya I know...
NDTV: So, you are spiritual but not religious
Salman: Ofcourse I'm religious..ya ya..
NDTV: That's a side that people don't know about.
Salman: Ya ya They know. I don't pray when I'm sad. I don't pray when I'm really upset.
NDTV: Whom do you pray to?
Salman: Almighty. Anybody, Allah. My mother is a Hindu. So I go to a Hanuman mandir, so she takes me to a Gamesh Mandir I go there.
NDTV: So it's not like one God.
Salman: No.. Before we end Salman, the other big rumour that always floats around is you and Katrina. There are always rumours about you and Katrina spiliting up and you guys are being together for how long five years right.
Salman: Five years if that ever happens you'll see it. God forbidden if it happens, I'll not talk about it, we broke up it happened earlier also. Abhi toh kuch aosa hai nahi ki tootega.
NDTV: I have read somewhere that this might be something permanent.
Salman: People have got me married 150 times.
NDTV: Honestly I have read somewhere
NDTV: Ya next year may be next to next may be this year they ask me when are you getting married?. So I tell them cut the conversation short. Next year. All the very best. Thank You
Salman: Thank you.

No comments: