Thursday, October 2, 2008

Priyanka Chopra overexerts her vocal chords for ‘Kaminey’

Priyanka Chopra overexerts her vocal chords for ‘Kaminey’
(NSI News Source Info) October 2, 2008: The coming days are quite apprehensive for Priynaka Chopra for they will decide the fate of tow of her ambitious projects- ‘Drona’ where she plays Abhishek Bachchan’s bodyguard and ‘Fashion’ where she plays a supermodel. After playing a ramp model for “Fashion”, Priyanka recently walked the ramp for designer Ritu Kumar at the inaugural show of the HDIL Indian Couture Week.

Talking about her experience with ramp walk, Priyanka said, “Even after becoming an actress I’ve walked the ramp for friends like Rohit Bal and Vikram Phadnis. But not since I played a model in ‘Fashion’. Now walking the ramp at Ritu’s show it felt like I was doing a sequence for the film. I’ve done so much ramp-walking for the film, I feel I’m back to my modelling days.
At 17 when I first walked the ramp, I had done it for Rituji. And now again, after having played a model and walked the ramp continuously for a year for Madhur Bhandarkar’s film, when I got on the ramp for an actual fashion show, I couldn’t tell the difference between walking for ‘Fashion’ and for Ritu Kumar’s show. Both were ‘performances’ and still an integral part of my growth as a human being.”
These days Priyanka is busy with her shoot for Vishal Bhardwaj’s ‘Kaminey’. The film needs Priyanka to scream her lungs out for the character she plays and as a result Priyanka is suffering from a sore throat and her voice is reduced to a croak.
“I play this extremely vocal Maharashtrian girl. And I believe in making myself heard. Vishal has made sure my voice gets heard as far as possible,” Priyanka said.

No comments: