Friday, October 31, 2008

Nicole Kidman’s Joyous Motherhood

Nicole Kidman’s Joyous Motherhood
(NSI News Source Info) October 31, 2008: She welcomed daughter Sunday Rose into the world three months ago, and Nicole Kidman still is on cloud nine over the birth of her and husband Keith Urban’s little girl.
“I’m raw and emotional,” Kidman told Parade magazine. “I cry even thinking of her. But they are tears of joy. Because I suppose I never thought I would get to [give birth to a child]. To have been given it so late in life – I’m so ready for it.”

Continuing on, the 41-year-old “Australia” actress explains that having a baby after she turned 40 has also impacted her risk-taking in life.
“It’s very bittersweet. Because, at 41, I think, ‘I want to see her 21st birthday, and I want to see her get married.’ My relationship with death used to be far more ambivalent, I think, and now it’s very much about staying in the world,” Kidman tells. “That’s why in the past I could jump out of planes and take a lot of risks. Strangely enough, I think when you have children at 25, you still have that ‘what will be, will be’ attitude. It’s such a different way of parenting.”

No comments: