Tuesday, July 22, 2008

YOGA has made me fitter from within - SHILPA SHETTY

YOGA has made me fitter from within-SHILPA SHETTY
As Shilpa walks into the room, I am struck by her flawless complexion, her beautifully styled hair and her maintained look. This is the woman who got instant stardom winning Big Brother. Shilpa’s not just the actor and model we knew, she’s now a yoga guru. And I can’t help admire her amazingly fit body. There isn’t an iota of fat on her arms; her abdomen is amazingly flat and her athletic legs show through her skinny jeans. Shilpa Shetty is no longer the glamour doll that we knew her as. She wants to be remembered as a fitness icon and is in Delhi to launch Shilpa’s Yoga, a step by step yoga instruction video that features her. Actually, a first by any Bollywood star. Her fitness hasn’t come easily though. She has kept her diet under strict control and trains for hours together. She bares her fitness secrets.You now look fitter than you did in any of your movies. When were you bitten by the fitness bug?I have always been quite regular with my workouts. In fact, I have my own home gym in which my sister and I exercise. But yes, I stepped up on my fitness in the past 4 years. My work kept me so busy that I developed spondylosis and a knee pain. Along with my regular workout I turned to yoga big time. I can’t tell you how much it has helped me become fitter.

No comments: