Monday, August 4, 2008

Nicolette Sheridan is partly of Indian Punjabi descent.

Edie's world
News Source Info - NSI; August 04, 2008: She is meant to be Wisteria Lane's prime vixen. Yet many viewers of Desperate Housewives also call Edie their favourite. Nicolette Sheridan explains why...
What reactions did you receive when we were left thinking that Edie was dead?
It was great. I kept being approached by strangers in the street saying, "Does Edie live or die?" They were extremely upset about it. And what I heard a lot was, "If Edie dies, I'm not watching the show any more." So I thought, "Yesss! This is good."
It must be a giggle playing the vamp?
I love the shock value. Edie's the most fabulous, audacious character on TV. But I also like that she is a person; she's multilayered and breakable. And it's a challenge, when you play a bad girl, to find ways to make her likeable.
She does have a habit of falling in love with the other girls' men…
It's a very small town. I love her. She's just misunderstood.
Do you share any traits with her?
I'm much more reserved, but I get to live things out through her. Edie has a fabulous wardrobe, but, I mean, have you seen those hot pants? It's horrifying if I haven't been running for a week. I think, "No, I'll march into the wardrobe trailer and find some long pants."
You're engaged to be married to Michael "The Voice" Bolton - have you got a date yet?
We havent decided where we're doing it yet. The date will come after we decide where. Michael's been touring and I've been working, so it's hard to eke out some time.
What does Michael think about your part on the show?
He is highly amused.
Tell us why do you think people always assume there are huge cat fights on the set?
Because they are stupid. Because people like to focus on the negative rather than the positive which I think is a problem, a big problem everywhere and then we can bring it down to Desperate Housewives. People like to create animosity and ugliness because somehow it is more entertaining.
Do you relate with any of the characters of the housewives?
Sure, I have always been an extremely neat person, everything has its place, so there is a little bit of Bree in me and I love to cook and bake. I guess Susan's sensitivity and Lynette's mothering - that's a strong part of my nature.
Did you know?
In 2004 Nicolette Sheridan topped Blackwell's list of the worst dressed celeb women.
She is partly of Indian Punjabi descent, was born in England, and considers her stepfather, Kojak actor Telly Savalas, as her real father.
She has been in trouble with the American Federal Communications Commission for appearing in a sexually suggestive advertisment.

No comments: