Monday, August 4, 2008

Shilpa Shetty breaks her 'maun vrat'

Shilpa Shetty breaks her 'maun vrat'
News Source Info - NSI; Monday, August 4, 2008: (Mumbai): Actress Shilpa Shetty is just back from a spirituality course in Andhra Pradesh where she observed a three-day vow of silence."I was at the Oneness meditation camp in Chittoor district. I had undertaken a 'maun vrat' till the end of this week. I did a spiritual course there and returned to Mumbai Sunday," said Shilpa.The actress has discovered a new affinity to meditation thanks to the spirituality course at the Oneness University."The place was so beautiful and calm. Though it's hard for me to keep quiet for more than 10 minutes, I found it easy to remain quiet when nature seems to second my tranquil emotion," she added.Shilpa, constantly into health and fitness activity, discovered the spirituality course through a common friend."It's a fabulous mind and body healing course. When I met the spiritual leader at the Oneness University, I could feel his divine energy flow from him into me. I know it sounds like mumbo jumbo. You've to experience it to know how it feels," she added.The Bollywood actress is also into yoga in a big way and has even brought out a CD called "Shilpa's Yoga" that was released in June.The Oneness course has become very popular among celebrities in India and abroad. Big names from Hollywood like Gerard Butler, Uma Thurman and Richard Gere are some of those who have undergone the course. And from Bollywood, Manisha Koirala has enrolled at the Oneness University.

No comments: