Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I was miquoted: Parvathy Omanakuttan

I was miquoted: Parvathy Omanakuttan
(NSI News Source Info) December 16, 2008: Omanakuttan has strongly denied the media report that she has questioned jury's decision. Speaking to NDTVMovies.com on phone from Johannesburg, the first runner up of Miss World 2008 said, "I never questioned jury's decision. The contest was fair, and free from all biases.
They were just and reasonable to each and every contestant. I have been totally misquoted on that point. I never said to anybody that I was not rightly judged.
I have a lot of respect for judges in the contest."Parvathy, who lost the Miss World 2008 crown to Miss Russia Ksenya Sukhinova was recently quoted in the media as calling the jury "unfair". According to an agency report, Parvathy in a statement to India Vision, a Kerala based news channel had said "I have performed better than others in the personality and question-answer round. This is not just. All those who watched it on Saturday felt like that. I feel the jury's decision was unfair".
Talking about the reason for not winning the crown, Parvathy told NDTVMovies.com, "How can I say why I couldn't win? I can only say that I was not destined to win and so I lost. I left no stone unturned to prepare for the pageant. I worked very hard. I can't really figure out what went wrong. The result disappointed me because I always thought of winning the title. I thought I did excellent in every round but as I am a great believer in destiny, now I just feel that destiny was not on my side at that point of time."
It's not all disappointing for the newly crowned beauty queen. She was happy that the eight years of dry spell for India in the international pageants have come to an end with her winning the runner up title. The long-legged beauty from Kerala said: "I felt from childhood that it's in my genes to bring international glory to India in the field of beauty. It's a big achievement. I feel like a winner. I am thankful to my friends, colleagues and everyone who supported me. Their encouragement has brought me to this stage. My parents came all the way from Kerala to accompany me in Johannesburg. It gave me a lot of strength."
As Bollywood always manages to entice beauty queens, does she too have any plans of joining films? Parvathy sounded not too different from former beauty queens when she said, "I am looking forward to some quality time with my family. At the moment I am simply enjoying myself. After that if I get some good offers, why not say yes to them? I am ready to get into Bollywood if a good script comes my way." Thus spoke the beauty with a brain!

No comments: