Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tom Cruise Premieres “Valkyrie” in NYC

Tom Cruise Premieres “Valkyrie” in NYC
(NSI News Source Info) December 16, 2008: Ready to bring his WWII flick to theaters around the world, Tom Cruise was front-and-center at the New York City premiere of “Valkyrie” on Monday evening (December 15).
Held at Rose Hall, Cruise looked suave in a studly grey suit as he mingled with fellow attendees before heading inside for the movie’s showing. Meanwhile, over the past few days, the “Top Gun” stud has been busy promoting his new film, which opens in theaters on Christmas Day, recently relating his religion to “Valkyrie”.
Cruise tells, “I’ve studied many, many religions and I think the way that I was raised … I was always raised to have an open mind and to be able to think for myself and for me looking at this society where of course under that tyranny, where you must … that’s why [Hitler’s oath] … I read the oath. It was so bizarre to me to just blindly swear to follow one person and, where … I’m raised and I believe to question life and authority and find out what is true for you.”
Continuing on, Tom adds, “And it took a bit, a lot of discussion, we were going to back and forth, to really grasp what that must’ve been like, what that society must’ve been like, and I’m glad that we have it at the opening of the film because it kind of puts into perspective what was drilled in, part of the inculcation of ‘Don’t think for yourself, just follow blindly these edicts.’ And I think what’s interesting to me is that this was a man who, by all accounts, did have the ability to rise above that, and did have the ability to think for himself and see a level of humanity and society and democracy, that I just found very compelling.”

No comments: