Saturday, January 24, 2009

Freida Pinto On Cloud Nine Due To "Slumdog Millionaire"

Freida Pinto On Cloud Nine Due To "Slumdog Millionaire"
(NSI News Source Info) January 24, 2009: Freida Pinto is the star of the moment, with everybody noticing her for being a part of Golden Globe winner and Oscar nominated Slumdog Millionaire. Ask her about her dream debut and she says, “I need to treasure these moments for the rest of my life. For someone who’s never acted before, this break was a blessing. Working for Danny Boyle was like attending the best acting school. When we started working, he told me, ‘Life isn’t always the same. Brace yourself for the world!’ The attention does get overwhelming at times and I’m still getting used to it. I’m a shy, reserved girl. Even when today someone compliments me, I get very embarrassed.”
Ask her if the world has changed for her after Slumdog and she says, “Not at all. I’m still the same, sensitive and simple girl who always dreamed about being an actress. The only thing that’s changed is that the girl walking around in jeans and tees has now taken to wearing designer dresses. Being in the public eye is unnerving at times but I think it’s a small price everyone pays for fame. But I keep telling myself all the time — I’m an actor, not a star.”

No comments: