Monday, January 19, 2009

Munnabhai Baney Politician!

Munnabhai Baney Politician!
(NSI News Source Info) January 19, 2009: Sanjay ‘Munnabhai’ Dutt surprised everyone as he took a plunge into politics. The news flashed all around as he was given the court’s permission to contest the upcoming elections when there was much hullabaloo against his entry into politics.
We hear that Samajwadi Party’s Amar Singh who has strong ties with the Bachchan family encouraged Sanju to join politics and offered him his party’s ticket to contest from the Lucknow constituency. We got a clear cut and a much needed comment from Sanjay Dutt over that and he also talks about his political plans.
“Yes. He spoke to me about joining politics when I went to meet him in Delhi. Amar Singhji is like an elder brother to me. He thought I should enter politics because I’m capable of helping people in society.
When he said this to me I felt so honoured. That he should think of me in this way after all I’ve gone through, boosted my morale tremendously.
As he pointed out to me, I’ve been helping to fight cancer and drug abuse. Now I’m ready to do more, much more.”
When he went to Lucknow, some people really wanted to rain on his parade by putting up posters saying “We dont want a Terrorist.”
“These were just a handful of people with vested interests seeking publicity. They can’t hurt me. I know politics wont be easy for me.
I know a lot of things will be said. But I’ve been facing brickbats for twenty years. I’m used to it.
What more can words do to me? If the honourable court allows me to contest elections and gives me a chance to make myself useful to the country I’ll prove to these detractors that my past isn’t going to colour my future.”
We wish you good luck Munnabhai… We wish you spread around some jadoo ki jhappis and a some of the little Gandhigiri that you have learnt in your life.

No comments: