Thursday, July 31, 2008

Helen's the granny in 'Bachpan'

Helen's the granny in 'Bachpan'
Thursday, July 31, 2008: (New Delhi): Bollywood's former dancing queen Helen will be seen after a long hiatus in debutant director Rajiv Sharma's Bachpan, a musical family saga seen from the perspective of children.Said Helen, who plays a grandmother in the film: "The script is simply amazing. When I read it, I was so overwhelmed that I decided I had do it."She added: "I recently saw the rushes of Bachpan and I immensely liked the way the movie has shaped up."Sharma had earlier assisted directors like Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Satish Kaushik, and was also a creative director with Firoz Nadiadwala.He had always visualised Helen playing the character of the grandmother in the film.The actress has played a grandmother before in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Khamoshi."The film begins by exploring storytelling from the viewpoint of kids from the point where Taare Zameen Par ends," said a trade insider who had seen the rushes.Padmini Kolhapure joins Helen with four talented children in the film.

No comments: