Friday, August 1, 2008

Actresses in late 20s aren’t old: Bipasha

Actresses in late 20s aren’t old: Bipasha
Friday , August 01, 2008: Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu on Friday rued the trend of making actresses in their late 20s feel "old".
"I agree that Bollywood is a male-centric industry. But, I expect the media to be intelligent. If heroes who are over 40 are paired opposite much younger heroines, it is not talked about," Bipasha told reporters in Mumbai.
"But if I am romantically paired against heroes two to three years younger than me, a big issue is made out of it. It is really unfortunate," she said responding to questions on being cast opposite Ranbir Kapoor in Bachna Aae Haseeno and Neil Nitin Mukesh in Freeze.
The sizzling Jism actress said she had a western persona attached to her image because of her modeling background. "But I think I am adaptable because I have a very Indian face," she added.
Asked about co-stars on Bachna.... newcomers Ranbir and Deepika Padukone, Bipasha said they were groomed well before facing the camera.
"Ranbir has even worked as an assistant director. Compared to them, I have learnt everything while on the job," she added.
According to her, she is liked as a personality even off-screen. "In a male-dominated industry, what more can I ask for?" she said.
Regarding milestones in her career, Bipasha said her second film Raaz was special because after it the industry has not seen a golden jubilee till date.
"Present-day film business depends on how well or bad a film does in its opening week," she added.
Speaking about Bachna...., Bipasha said only team work can make a movie successful.
"If the whole film is good, it connects with the people immediately," she added.
The actress said Bachna.... will appeal to all kinds of audience. "It is about modern people who believe in the sanctity of love. There is a range of emotions for a strong character which I essay," she said.
Bipasha said apart from Freeze, she is also shooting for Pankh directed by Sudipto Chattopadhya for White feather films.
"It is about a boy who has essayed roles of girls in movies. I play an imaginary character in the film," she added.



No comments: