Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fashion: 'Priyanka texted Babe, you blew my mind!'

Fashion: 'Priyanka texted Babe, you blew my mind!'
(NSI News Source Info) November 15, 2008: When director Madhur Bhandarkar came to Mugdha Godse with the script of Fashion, the model was unsure about how her character would make an impact, considering the stronger roles for co-actors Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut. “But that was before I read the script. Once I was through, I knew Janet’s character had as much scope to perform. If I did it with honesty, it could get me a little appreciation,” says Godse. In the movie, she plays the second-rung model, Janet, married to a gay designer.

Bollywood actor Samir Soni, producer Ronnie Screwala, actors Priyanka Chopra, Mughda Godse, Arjan Bajwa and director Madhur Bhandarkar celebrate the success of their movie "Fashion" in Mumbai November 14, 2008. Picture taken November 14, 2008
It has been a week since the movie released, but the “little appreciation” that Godse had hoped for, has snowballed into generous accolades. “There’s been a steady stream of congratulatory messages and phone calls. Priyanka texted ‘Babe, you blew my mind!’ at three in the morning, and I was totally floored. The one person who is vindicated is Madhur sir. Everytime he told me I had it in me to make it as an actor, I would tell him not to speculate. Now, with each review that I have received, he has been telling me ‘I told you so’,” she giggles.
For Godse, the most touching praise has come from her family. “My family is quite critical of me, so I was apprehensive of their reaction. They went for first-day-first-show, when I was still promoting the film in Dubai. My sister later told me they were left speechless by my performance,” she says.
There have been quite a few offers since the movie released, but the model-turned-actor says she will only announce them once she signs on the dotted line. “As of now, I have signed with Percept Picture Company for three of their films,” she says. Modelling, she says, will definitely be on the backburner for the time being. “Fashion’s given me opportunities which I would be stupid to ignore. It’s not as if I am giving up modelling completely, but I’ll do only select shows,” she says.

No comments: