Saturday, November 15, 2008

Past Bollywood divas shining on idiot box

Past Bollywood divas shining on idiot box
(NSI News Source Info) November 15, 2008: Past glamorous star actresses of Bollywood are now shining bright on the small screen. Raveena Tandon who was last seen in Sandwich (2006), Mahima Chaudhary last seen in Kudiyon Ka Hain Zamana(2007), Karishma Kapoor last in Mere Jeevan Saathi (2005) and Sonali Bendre in Kal Ho Na Ho (2003) today are seen judging top running reality shows on TV. While Mahima Chaudhary is judging Jalwa 4 2 ka 1, Karishma Kapoor is judging Nach Baliye 4, Sonali Bendre is doing Indian Idol and Raveena Tandon is the popular celebrity judge of Chak De.
These married divas and now mommies prefer television over silver screen as TV does not require much commitment, out door shoots and time as movie do which makes it easier for them to balance work with family.
“The television shows for which I am currently working requires me to shoot just once a week. It starts from 2 p.m. by that time my baby is fast asleep. I come back in night. So it’s just half day away from home. Secondly, it is very exciting to work in a reality show as these are the flavors of the time. Reality shows are everywhere. It is nice to be a part of the show. It requires less of time also as compared to those of Bollywood films. Making a film takes a lot of time. If you have shooting, then you have dubbing, promotions and all. In that case I can’t give time to my baby and family,” shares Mahima Chaudhary.
But is it the only reason these glam-dolls have turned their attention towards the idiot box. Isn’t a big pay package associated with these reality shows one of the main reasons?
“Over the years the pay packages of both the television industry and Bollywood have increased incredibly. Earlier actors were paid just for movies or television. Now one can fetch extra revenue apart from one’s basics. Performing on shows, marriages, endorsements etc fetches you good money. Now there are events coming up. One invites you as well as pays you for attending. I remember going for Johnny Walker F1. I enjoyed my evening out there. ICL and IPL are also no less than television shows. They are in a way reality shows only,” quips Mahima.
Gorgeous Karishma expresses a different reason of opting for TV, “I have enjoyed dancing in the movies, but for the first time I was getting an opportunity to judge a talent hunt show on television! Besides, the concept of NB4 is really unique, apart from it being a trendsetter in its genre. The fact that there is no script makes it all the more fun.”
But working in television doesn’t mean that Mahima has stopped dreaming of displaying her acting skills on the big screen, “I am really happy being in television, but I am still waiting for a good movie with a good script. I don’t dream of a good director’s movie, I dream of a good script. If I get one then definitely would take it up. . I am also talking to a few people about hosting shows. Let’s see when that works out.”
Mahima maybe still looking up towards the film producers but Raveena Tandon looks satisfied with her current work. “Doing TV is even easier for me than doing films because I can synchronise my clock according to Rasha’s (her daughter) schedules. In any case, she’s the least problematic child. Not at all cranky like her mother,” says Raveena, who has two kids.
Well, we wish these glam-dolls continue to manage their time between work and family so we can get entertained by them. For those who still wanna try their luck in films, we wish them all the very best. But at the same time they would have to take special care of their figure keeping in mind the latest size-zero trend of Bollywood.

No comments: