Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's tough being a special child : Hrithik

It's tough being a special child : Hrithik
(NSI News Source Info) November 20, 2008 - Mumbai:It was a hugely emotional experience for Hrithik Roshan when he inaugurated the Audio and Speech therapy wing at the Nanavati Hospital and donated Rs.2 million for the treatment of special children. The actor met his old doctor, Ramesh Ojha, who treated him for his speech impairment."All the memory of my past difficulties came spilling out at Nanavati.
When I met my doctor who treated me at age 14 for stammering I could barely control my emotions. It's not easy to be a special child," Hrithik, who inaugurated it Sunday, said."You may be called 'special' to make you feel less troubled about your disability. But only a child who goes through the physical or psychological disability knows the trauma," said Bollywood superhero Hrithik.Sharing his own trauma at Nanavati was a cathartic experience."As someone who has a certain standing I feel it's my duty to tell kids with disabilities to chill. 'It's okay, guys. I got over it. So will you.' I think it's very important for me to convey this message far and wide and I want to do it more often."When I stood there at Nanavati thinking of all those kids who would benefit by the facilities provided by my money, I felt very good about myself. It's all very well to look after your own immediate family and care for friends.
But I believe money should also be used for the larger good. That's what I realised Sunday evening."I feel charity is a very selfish thing. I feel so good after doing it. I'm sure those who will benefit from my donation wouldn't feel as good about life as I do."The wing has been named after his grandmother Ira Roshan."I shared some great times with my daadi (grandmother) during my childhood and growing years.
Today, seeing my name and hers being associated with such a project, she must be smiling down," said Hrithik.Right now, Hrithik is busy shooting for his next home production Kites.

No comments: