Sunday, November 16, 2008

KSBKBT Wind-up....Sorry EK (Ekta K)

KSBKBT Wind-up....Sorry EK (Ekta K)
(NSI News Source Info) November 16, 2008: A brief recap of the longest running soap on Indian television Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi started airing on October 3, 2000 and ran for eight years. The serial had over 70 characters spanning over five generations. In the last eight years, the saas-bahu saga, which completed 1834 episodes has won more than 78 awards in various categories. The serial also had its share of controversies when it showed Tulsi pulling the plug off Savita’s lifeline in the hospital. It raised issues of mercy killing and an episode which showed a pregnant Nandini undergoing sex-determination test, which had the women organisations up in arms. Mandira Bedi, who played the vamp, was killed off only to be brought back in the form of Achint Kaur. Smriti’s exit from the serial created a big brouhaha. Eventually she came back, but in the interim period, Gautami Gadgil played Tulsi. The serial saw three actors playing her husband, Mihir, starting with Amarr Upadhyay who was killed off few days after they were married. His death didn’t go down well with the viewers and he was brought back. But a generation leap had Amarr quitting because he didn’t want to play a old character. In came Inder Kumar as Mihir. He didn’t stay for long and was replaced by Ronit Roy. The serial ended on a sour note between the channel Star Plus and Balaji Telefilms. When star sent a termination notice to Balaji on grounds of low TRPs, the latter took the channel to court. Star, however won the case and the serial was taken off air on November 6, 2008.
Actors on Kyunki.. ending and what next Ronit Roy: I am very upset because I was attached to the show. I have been a part of it for a long time. But I guess all good things have to come to an end and make way for a new beginning. It is something I am yet to deal with.As of now, there is nothing new on the cards. I am still talking to people and reading scripts. However, I am not too keen on taking up a daily soap. There are couple of film scripts and a reality show that I am looking at. I have already shot for my brother Rohit’s film Blockbuster that is based on the film industry.
Hiten Tejwani: It should have ended gracefully, but it ended abruptly. I will miss shooting for Kyunki... But I have other serials like Mahabharat, so I will be busy with that.
Riva Bubber: It was a bit of a rude shock as the end came abruptly. I was working in the serial for the last five-and-a-half years and the set was like a home away from home. I thought the serial would go on forever. It’s really sad the way it ended. A lot of other shows that have been axed come to know of it at least a couple of months in advance but in our case we heard of it on October 20 and the last day of the shoot was November 2. That was very fast. As of now, I taking a break. This is the first time I am taking off after shooting every single day. But I am a little anxious about not knowing what’s happening next. I read that Ekta is concerned about the employees of the serial and I am sure if there’s anything for us she will call.
Tasneem Sheikh: I feel sad that Kyunki... has got over. I was /part of it for five years and it was like another family, with whom I am shared happy and sad moments. I have yet to come to terms with the fact that it’s over. Now that it has ended, I will be rejoining Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil as Daljeet. I am not taking up any other work.
Sumeet Sachdev: It’s ironical that the last day of Kyunki’s telecast aired was the first day I took out the DVD print of a short film that I have made. It is a 43-minute film that I plan to take to festivals. Kyunki... had become a part of my life and was I habituated to shooting for it a major portion of the month. Thinking positvely I will go a step ahead.
Reshmi Ghosh: I definitely feel nostalgic about the show. I have been in it for the last one-and-a-half years and the serial has given me huge recognition. I thought Kyunki... will go on for atleast 10 years. It is like going away from your family. But I guess someday it had to end. I am doing Nach Baliye, right now and looking at films as well as modelling.
Mouni Roy: My track wasn’t on for the last two months, nevertheless I was emotionally attached to Kyunki... and to director Gary Bhindre who passed away. It was my first serial and I expected it to run for 10 years. However, it has to end sometime and something new has to start.

No comments: