Monday, November 17, 2008

No regrets on starting with Bollywood: Rocky S

No regrets on starting with Bollywood: Rocky S
(NSI News Source Info) New Delhi - November 17, 2008: He kickstarted his career 16 years ago and the only opportunity he then got was Bollywood. But designer Rocky S does not regret this decision and believes the platform has worked wonders for his career. Unlike most other Indian designers who started their career by showcasing their collections at fashion shows, Rocky began his stint by designing for Bollywood stars. "Bollywood has given me a fantastic platform to display my creative skills and I do not regret my decision of starting off my career from there," Rocky said in an interview. "The time I entered the film industry, designing was in its nascent stage and not much attention was given to the clothes but we, a bunch of young designers (Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis) have changed the whole scenario.
I feel good that I have contributed my bit in this change," he added. Rocky also feels that the trends that people follow are inspired by Bollywood and every time he designs for a movie he has to come up with something creative that can be a trendsetter among masses. "Bollywood fashion sells and people ape it and try to look like their favorite stars. We really have to be on our toes all the time to come up with something that is creative, wearable and different," Rocky explained. Rocky's Bollywood clientele includes John Abraham, Katrina Kaif, Bipasha Basu and Shilpa Shetty. Elaborating on the new metrosexual image of Abraham in "Dostana" Rocky stated: "John is a very stylish actor and he knows what looks good on him. He has a fantastic dress sense." Rocky's most recent Bollywood project was the hit flick "Singh Is Kinng". He dressed Katrina in the film and is also working with her in "Yuvraj". Apart from that he has designed Bipasha's clothes for "Pankh", Kangana Ranaut's for "Raaz - The Mystery Continues" and John Abraham's for "New York".
Apart from designing for movies and launching his own label Rocky S, he has also dabbled in various markets like homeline, kids wear, perfumes and bags and hopes that some day he will design for a hotel too. "I call myself a creative person and creativity does not bind you to do just one thing. You keep on evolving and that shows in your creativity.
I have never restricted myself to apparel designing only, there is more than one way to show your creative skills," Rocky maintained. "I want to design for a hotel too. Not right now but may be in near future, you never know!" he added. Rocky participated in the just-concluded Chivas Fashion Tour and for the first time he chose to shift a bit from his signature style of black to red. "Black is my all time favorite and it’s my signature. This time too the collection had my signature style but the major difference was that I introduced red too in my line just to show the feminine side of a woman," he explained.

No comments: