Thursday, November 6, 2008

NHK announces 'support group' for 'Red & White Song Contest'

NHK announces 'support group' for 'Red & White Song Contest'
(NSI News Source Info) TOKYO - November 6, 2008: Public broadcaster NHK on Wednesday introduced TV producer-commentator Terry Ito, 57, actor Kazuki Sawamura, 41, and talent Mari Sekine, 24, as members of the “support group” for its annual year-end program “Red & White Song Contest.” They will co-host the program together with the main MCs.
Ito said, “I would like to sing the popular song ‘Ofukuro san’ with singer Shinichi Mori.” The song is currently prohibited from being sung because of a personal dispute between Mori and the composer.
Meanwhile, Sawamura said, “I wonder which team, Red or White, I should support, because I like something pink.” Sekine, who appeared on the program last year with her father and comedian Tsutomu Sekine, said, “This year, I have very dependable partners!”

No comments: