Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sanju wants non-gangster roles

Sanju wants non-gangster roles
(NSI News Source Info) November 4, 2008 - Mumbai: After playing a gangster in many of his films, Sanjay Dutt says he is now looking at exciting, challenging and more real life-based characters."At this stage of my career, I want to play roles I haven't done so far. I'm playing a very different role in my next release EMI. It has turned out really, really well. And it goes into a new territory," said Sanjay."I haven't done a real-life part before. And it's a really superb script. So let's see," added the actor, who was seen playing negative roles in Khalnayak, Vaastav, Viruddh and Kaante.Produced by Suniel Shetty's Popcorn Entertainment and directed by Saurabh Kabra, EMI is a bittersweet comedy and takes a look at contemporary India in a mirthful, subjective way. The actor is quite positive about the movie that releases on Friday.The actor feels the project will prove lucky for him and friend Suniel Shetty."Mission Istaanbul didn't work for Suniel as a producer. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure EMI will work for both me and Suniel," Sanjay said.He recently turned down Ekta Kapoor and Suniel's Gen Next, the film that was to be directed by Apoorva Lakhia introducing the winners from the television tsarina's reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket.Denying rumours that he refused to work in the film because Lakhia was directing it, Sanjay said: "I'm not doing Gen Next. But I've no problems working with Apu again. All he has to do is to come up with a fabulous script. And I am on.""There's absolutely no negativity at all about Apu. I've worked with him in Shootout At Lokhandwala under very trying circumstances. In fact, it was not easy for any of us," said Sanjay.While shooting for Shootout At Lokhandwala, the actor's friendship with filmmaker Sanjay Gupta soured due to misunderstandings.If the buzz in trade circles is to be believed, Sanjay and Ekta are set to ink a deal that would bring Sanjay Dutt Films and Balaji Telefilms into an alliance running into a multiplicity of movies and activities.When asked about the deal, Sanjay said: "It is too early to talk about it. We're still in negotiations and a clearer picture will emerge soon."

No comments: